Custom Search

Friday, December 19, 2008

12/19/2009

Well, I finally made it home after a long Radio Promo Tour. I had the BEST Ben & Jerry's Cookies and Cream milkshake last night. This morning, I'm going to work out with my trainer... we do a lot of runnin' (gotta keep the body right for the ladies). Then, I'ma go get a hair cut... it's been a good week and a half since I've had one.
Then tonight I have a Free Radio show in Alabama. That's how radio stations treat artists like myself. I have to do a free show for them... for them to play my song. They know that me, doin' free shows, hurts my money and money is how I pay my bills... and believe me, I have a lot of them. The station could care less. They charge my fans money to see me but yet, I don't see a dime. (Bull$hit)
I want to give you an example of how political the music game is. My single was one of the top requested songs but since there are so many artist competing to get the top spot, I got shut down. The station could only play 17 songs and there was one spot left and they put Chris Brown on there because he sent them an MP3. Meanwhile, I'm bustin my a$$ going station to station trying to get a Top 10 record but he claimed that spot because of who he is. I'm just letting yall know a little bit of what I deal with on regular basis. This is why I'm Blu Kolla Artist.

7 comments:

  1. I feel you,

    Its even worse on the "back end" of the business as an artist manager.... because, if you are not "known", even if you have one of the top acts out, you get no respect... its as if, because your last name isn't lighty, or berg, or williams....then you get no love...

    but the race isn't about how you start...its about how you finish... Think about this, most of the cats you are 'competing' against, have to outspend YOU to stay relevant.... Anonymous is still more relevant than... "______" (won't name songs), but if you look at the amount of money spent on these artists getting their BDS spins... you understand why they are on top, because there used to be a time in the industry, where a top single, was a top single because it lasted at least 3 quarters on top (Like Whitney Houston's I will always love you)...nowadays, a single is only on top as long as BET 106 and Park keeps it in rotation...

    Don't worry bro.... you are definitely relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always keep god first cause when one door closes another will open no disrespect to chis but booby you sing,look,and dress better.100

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that you get treated like that when you were clearly in the game longer than him and have equal if not more talent than he does. I just h a degree in public relations and right now Im grinding to one day represent artist like you that aren't getting the exposure they deserve. Keep grinding Bobby, Im still your biggest fan no matter what!

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby
    You just have to stay on ya grind and stay focused. Let me just say I know you are more talented than Chris Brown, he can dance, but so can I(lol), as far as the vocal game, he can't touch you and that's just real. I'm not even going to get started on all that bootleg RnB that is going on right. I want you to keep ya head up, stay strong and true to yourself and of course keep making real classic RnB albums.

    By the way
    What happended to my Ben & Jerry's Cookies and Cream milkshake, I don't recall getting that, is it in the mail? Can I get it by Christmas? Let me know. lol

    Holla at ya gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is some bull! Thats exactly why I dont listen to the radio. They play the same ol wack song over and over and over but never want to play real music- like Bobby's. They seriously need to quit playin the fuck outta crazy and give a brotha his chance to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww boo its ok i feel ya pain thats how petty females is but i seen
    you number 6 on 106 and park today so you gettin play sumwhere and i am tired of hearin the same songs all th time i dont even listen to the radio no more jus wen im in the car and even then i turn it off but keep ya head up it'll get better

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's their loss Bobby V. You've been working so hard to get where you are right now. I have so much respect for you and how you're trying to bring real R&B back. I miss the days when music was real and had story lines, lol. You can tell I miss the 90s. We need, need, need, another Smokie as well as another Babyface! I've been with you since you came out and I'm gonna stay on the long road with you babe.

    -Holla at ya girl!! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete